AirSense™ 11 Elite
CPAP device for obstructive sleep apnoea
The AirSense 11 Elite is a fixed-pressure obstructive sleep apnoea device with integrated humidifier, wireless connectivity, over-the-air updates and enhanced patient support features.
Product codes: Device only (39169), Device with HumidAir 11 (39171), Device with HumidAir 11 and ClimateLineAir 11 (39170)
Advanced features to promote adherence
The enhanced digital health technologies of the AirSense 11 are designed to make it easier and more convenient for your patients to start, acclimatise and adhere to therapy.1 Your patients will benefit from effective ResMed therapy modes2,3 and a range of digital support features. These provide tailored support and coaching to help them solve low-level issues independently, set up their equipment with confidence, and acclimatise to therapy on their own terms.
Direct feedback on your patients’ experience
Care Check-In* makes it easier for you to provide effective support to patients at key points in the therapy journey. It asks patients simple questions about their experience and shows their answers in AirView, making it easier for you to identify and help patients who need assistance with their therapy.4
In parallel, patients receive tailored tips to help them deal with basic equipment issues and personalised guidance to encourage them to stick with therapy.
Supported by Air Solutions
Air Solutions is a comprehensive set of digital health technologies and products that are designed to help patients acclimatise and adhere to therapy. It includes your patients’ AirSense 11 Elite device as well as the AirView remote monitoring platform and myAir, ResMed’s patient engagement app.
- Personal Therapy Assistant is a myAir feature that uses interactive video instructions to guide patients through equipment setup and acclimatisation.**
- Care Check-In prompts patients to share their experience of therapy. It relays feedback to AirView and gives patients access to educational and self-help tools.
- Over-the-air software upgrade capabilities can be used to deliver maintenance and feature updates directly to devices, enabling patients and caregivers to benefit from the latest ResMed PAP features and technologies.
- A user-friendly touchscreen designed to make navigating settings simple and intuitive.
- AirView allows you to access nightly therapy data, troubleshoot issues at a distance, and change device settings remotely.***
- SmartStart and SmartStop features enable patients to start therapy by breathing in or stop therapy by taking off their mask. These features can be toggled separately.
- Advanced event detection5 can be used to identify central sleep apnoea, respiratory effort–related arousal and Cheyne-Stokes respiration.
- AutoRamp™ with sleep onset detection starts therapy at a low pressure then comfortably ramps up to the prescribed pressure once the patient is asleep.6
- Expiratory pressure relief (EPR™) offers a more comfortable experience, especially at high pressures, by maintaining the prescribed therapy pressure during inhalation and reducing it during exhalation.7
- Forced Oscillation Technique capabilities enable the AirSense 11 to identify patients with central sleep apnoea.8,9
- Built-in device diagnostic records a 10-second internal sound excerpt to track and monitor motor noise level for quality purposes.†
- Built-in ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the brightness of the device screen and switches it off when not in use.
- Easy-Breathe motor is quiet‡ and contributes to a peaceful bedroom environment for the patient and their partner.
- Integrated heated humidifier can be paired to work automatically with the Climate Control feature or controlled manually.
AirSense 11 user guide
Access technical documents ➜
AirSense 11 clinical guide
Access technical documents ➜
How-to videos to support your patients
Using your AirSense 11
Cleaning and caring
for your AirSense 11
- Mode: CPAP
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration detection
- Central Sleep Apnoea detection
- AutoRamp with sleep onset detection
- HumidAir 11 humidifier (optional)
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR)
- Simple Start/Stop button
- Integrated wireless communication
- Easy-to-use touchscreen
- Heated or non-heated tubing
- Built-in device diagnostic
- Dimensions: Device with HumidAir 11 (H x W x D), 94.5 mm x 259.4 mm x 138.5 mm
- Weight: With integrated humidifier, 1130g
- Standard: Polyester non-woven fibre
- Hypoallergenic: Blended synthetic fibres in a polypropylene carrier
4 to 20 cm H2O (4 to 20 hPa) in CPAP mode
Device with SlimLine tubing and side cover: 25 dBA with uncertainty of 2 dBA, measured according to ISO 80601-2-70:2015.
- AC input range: 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 2.0A , 115V, 400Hz, 1.5A (for aircraft use)
- DC output: 24 VDC, 2.71A
- Typical power consumption: 56.1W
- Peak power consumption: 73.2W
- Class of equipment: Class II
Maximum supplemental oxygen flow: 15 L/min
- ClimateLineAir™ 11 heated air tubing:
Length: 2.0 m
Inner diameter: 15 mm
- SlimLine™ tubing:
Length: 1.8 m
Inner diameter: 15 mm
- Air outlet:
22 mm conical outlet connector complies with EN ISO 5356-1:2015
- Data transfer: Integrated cellular module, SD card
- Data storage:
- Detailed data on SD card
- High-resolution flow on SD card
- Compliance and summary data on SD card/device: 365 sessions
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
The AirSense 11 Elite complies with all applicable electromagnetic compatibility requirements (EMC) according to IEC 60601-1-2:2020, for residential, commercial and light industry environments
- Operating temperature: +5°C to +35°C
- Operating humidity: 10 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Operating altitude: Sea level to 3,010 m (9,870 ft); air pressure range 1060 hPa to 700 hPa
- Storage and transport temperature: -25°C to +70°C
- Storage and transport humidity: 5 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
ResMed confirms that the machine meets the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements (RTCA/DO-160, section 21, category M; RTCA-DO-160, section 20, category T) for all phases of air travel
Class II (double insulation), Type BF, Ingress protection IP22
Please refer to the clinical and user guides for relevant information related to any warnings and precautions to be considered before and during use of the product.
* Care Check-In is available to AirSense 11 users through their device or myAir app. Care Check-In and the myAir app are currently available in selected countries.
** Some features of ResMed myAir are only available in the myAir app.
*** AirView settings must only be changed by a physician or in line with a physician’s recommendations, following therapy data analysis. Please be aware that remote therapy settings management is not permitted in all countries.
† In order to conserve privacy, the device converts auditory information to code before it is sent for anonymised analysis.
‡ AirSense 11 device with SlimLine tubing and side cover: 25 dBA with uncertainty of 2 dBA, measured according to ISO 80601-2-70:2015.
1. ResMed Air11 survey of 146 patients, conducted from 28 June to 29 July 2021. Q19: 62% of patients reported that they felt confident about starting PAP therapy after being set up on AirSense 11, N=119 respondents. Q10: 63% of patients said that PTA gave them confidence to set up their PAP machine correctly, N=49 respondents. Data on file; ID A5043180.
2. Isetta, Valentina et al. Comparative assessment of several automatic CPAP devices’ responses: a bench test study. ERJ Open Res. 1, no.1 (May 2015): 00031-2015.
3. McArdle N et al. Study of a Novel APAP Algorithm for the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in Women. Sleep. 2015;38(11):1775-1781.
4. ResMed Air11 customer survey of 95 healthcare professionals, conducted from 24 August to 10 September 2021. Q16: 56.84% of clinicians said that they could identify patients who needed assistance with their therapy more quickly when they had Care Check-In information available in AirView, N=81 respondents. Data on file; ID A5079159.
5. ResMed 2014 White Paper. Armitstead JP et al. AirSense 10 Apnoea Hypopnoea Index (AHI) Scoring and Advanced Detection. Data on file; ID A3338455.
6. ResMed AirSense 10 Clinical Overview. Data on file; ID A4504900.
7. Zhu et al. All APAPs are not equivalent for the treatment of sleep disordered breathing: a bench evaluation of eleven commercially available devices. J Clin Sleep Med 2015 11(7):725-34.
8. Armitstead JP, Bateman PE, Chan CS, Chan J, Bassin DJ. Study of an auto-adjusting CPAP algorithm for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009; 179:A3570.
9. Armitstead JP et al. Central sleep apnoea detection and the Enhanced AutoSet algorithm. ResMed Science Centre, 2010.