Life support ventilators
Versatile non-invasive and invasive ventilator series for less dependent to fully dependent patients (>5kg)1 in need of acute and/or long-term care. Astral features a variety of modes, circuits and interfaces to treat a wide range of conditions and includes wireless connectivity to AirView
Product codes: Astral 100 (27061), Astral 150 (27063)
Secure by design
Astral’s systems have been thoughtfully designed to support smooth and effective transitions across all setups.
The disconnection alarm monitors multiple parameters to assess whether the ventilator breathing circuit has become disconnected from the patient. The Learn Circuit automatically measures the circuit resistance and compliance of the breathing circuit components then adapts and compensates accordingly.
Versatile, practical, liveable
Astral delivers a suite of therapy modes in a broad range of scenarios. It can be used during the day and at night, for tracheotomised patients or non-invasively ventilated patients with a mask or mouthpiece. This versatility enables you to cater for a wide variety of patients, from adults to children weighing as little as 5kg.
There’s no need to change the circuit when you switch from a mask to a mouthpiece. You can choose from a range of trigger options to match your patient’s inspiratory effort. It’s easy to flex between different circuit configurations and settings and to keep track of them, with four configurable programs and the option to name them.
Work fast and effectively
From initial setup to ongoing care, Astral is designed to provide a positive user experience. Its intuitive interface gives you the tools and information you need, to make fast and early decisions.
ResMed worked closely with clinical experts to make Astral easy to use and understand. The intuitive interface provides breath-by-breath statistics and auto-scaling real-time pressure and flow waveforms. Device and battery management is simplified by maintenance reminders and fast USB cloning of settings between devices.
Make the most of Astral
AirView allows you to see ventilated patients’ device and therapy statistics at a glance2. You can monitor your patients’ device settings remotely (unintentional leaks, respiratory rate, spontaneous trigger, minute ventilation, etc).
Astral Mobility bags
Designed to protect the Astral ventilator while providing freedom and mobility.
The expert’s voice
These testimonies are genuine and documented account of the individual’s response to treatment. Outcomes and results may vary, and this individual’s response does not provide any indication, warranty or guarantee that other people will have the same or a similar experience.
Changing from nighttime mask setup to daytime mouthpiece setup
Continuous or intermittent ventilatory support for patients weighing more than 5 kg.1
- Single circuit with intentional leak
- Single circuit with expiratory valve
- Double limb circuit4
- Mouthpiece circuit
- Valve circuit therapy: CPAP, (A)CV, P(A)CV, P-SIMV, V-SIMV, PS
- Leak circuit therapy: CPAP, (S)T, P(A)C, iVAPS1 and optional AutoEPAP
- Mouthpiece ventilation therapy: (A)CV, P(A)CV, PS
- Manual breath4
- Sigh breath (recruitment) 4
- Apnoea ventilation: Volume and pressure
- 4 Preset programmes5
- Delivered pressure (cm H2O):
2–50 (leak circuit)
0–50 (valve circuit)
- Delivered tidal volume (mL):
Adult: 100–2500 mL
Paediatric: 50–300 mL
- Respiratory rate:
Adult: Off, 2–50 bpm
Paediatric: Off, 5–80 bpm
- SpO2 monitoring – Optional
- FiO2 monitoring6
- On screen:
30 days of summary data
Real-time pressure and flow (25 Hz)
- ResScan (via download):
365 days of summary data
7 days of detailed data
Settable alarms is available including FiO2 and SpO2, when connected.
- Weight: 3.2 kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 285 mm x 215 mm x 93 mm
- Internal battery: Lithium-Ion battery, 14.4 V, 6.6 Ah, 95 Wh. 8 hours with a new battery under normal conditions – not intended to serve as a primary power source3
- Sound power level: 43 ± 3 dBA7
- Sound pressure level: 35 ± 3 dBA7
- IEC 60601-1 classifications:
Medical electrical equipment – general requirements for basic safety and essential performance
- Class II (double insulation) Type BF
Suitable for use with oxygen
Please refer to user and clinical guides for relevant information related to warning and precaution to be considered before and during use of the product.
- iVAPS therapy mode is indicated for patients weighing 30 kg and above.
- With Astral, therapy data is updated once a day when connected to the RCM
- Astral can be connected to one or two external batteries, each of which provides up to 8 hours of operation under normal conditions.
Reminder: The internal battery is not intended to serve as a primary power source. It should only be used when other power sources are not available or briefly when necessary, e.g. when changing power sources.
- Not available with Astral 100.
- Only 2 preset programmes are available with Astral 100.
- Optional with Astral 100.
- As measured according to ISO 80601-2-12:2011.