Understand how our ASV algorithm PaceWave works
Click to discover how the algorithm reacts when an event occurs
PaceWave algorithm offers
PaceWave synchronises with the patient’s own respiratory patterns to deliver a high degree of therapy comfort1
PaceWave normalises patients’ breathing1,2. ASV therapy also stabilises the physiological variables associated with the breathing such as respiratory rate and oxygen level3,4,5,6
Synchrony between the device and the patient’s spontaneous breathing improves therapy acceptance1 and creates harmony.
When can ASV therapy be prescribed?
The ERS statement about the treatment of central breathing disturbances during sleep7
ASV therapy from a Patient and Physician Perspective
Discover Fred Schouwenaars’s story, a patient with central sleep apnoea. He’s joined by his Sleep Physician, Prof. Venekamp, Pulmonologist and Sleep Physician at the Institute Kempenhaeghe in the Netherlands.
Watch Prof. Venekamp, Pulmonologist and Sleep Physician at the Institute Kempenhaeghe in the Netherlands, talk about her experience with Adaptive-Servo Ventilation therapy and her Patient Fred Schouwenaars.
Watch Prof. Pépin, Head of Sleep Laboratory in Grenoble, France, share clinical updates about Adaptive-Servo Ventilation therapy.
* ASV therapy is contraindicated in patients with chronic, symptomatic heart failure (NYHA 2-4) with reduced left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF ≤ 45%) and moderate to severe predominant central sleep apnoea.
- Pépin JL et al. Adherence to positive airway therapy after switching from CPAP to ASV: a big data analysis. J Clin Sleep Med. 2018;14(1):57–63.
- Cistulli PA, Armitstead J, Pepin JL, Woehrle H, Nunez CM, Benjafield A, Malhotra A. Short-term CPAP adherence in obstructive sleep apnoea: a big data analysis using real world data. Sleep Med. 2019 Jan 11. Pi:S1389-9457(18)30797-4.
- Carnevale et al. Effectiveness of Adaptive Servo-Ventilation in the treatment of hypocapnic central sleep apnoea of various etiologies Sleep Medicine 2011 Dec;12(10):952-8.
- Allan et al. Efficacy of adaptive servo ventilation in treatment of complex and central sleep apnoea syndromes Chest 2007;132:1839-46.
- Morgenthaler et al. Adaptive servoventilation versus noninvasive postive pressure ventilation for central, mixed and complex sleep apnoea sydromes. Sleep 2007 ; 30(4) :468-75.
- Brown et al. A retrospective case series of adaptive servoventilation for complex sleep apnoea. J Clin Sleep Med 2011 ;7(2):187-95.
- Randerath W et al. Defintion, discrimination, diagnosis and treatment of central breathing disturbances during sleep ERJ Express. Published on December 5, 2016 as doi: 10.1183/13993003.00959-2016.