What’s the problem?
Customising a patient’s ventilation settings in line with their physical condition and ability to inhale and exhale can be a delicate and time-consuming process.
What does Trigger and Cycle do?
By selecting one of five adjustable sensitivity settings, ResMed’s Trigger and Cycle feature allows you to fine-tune the detection of the beginning and end of each breath and adjust the effort required to trigger inspiration and cycle to expiration. It’s designed to support the treatment of respiratory conditions.
How does it work?
- ResMed ventilators employ flow triggering and cycling. Under normal conditions, the device triggers (initiates IPAP) and cycles (changes to EPAP) as it detects changes in patient flow.
- Trigger settings can be used to adjust the amount of flow required to trigger inspiration. The higher the sensitivity, the easier it is for the patient to trigger inspiration.
- Cycle settings can be used to adjust the percentage of peak inspiratory flow required to cycle to expiration. The higher the sensitivity, the easier it is for the patient to cycle to expiration.
- A wide range of settings enables you to personalise therapy, comfort and synchrony for adults and children* affected by a wide range of restrictive and obstructive pathologies that compromise respiratory mechanics or demand high trigger and cycle sensitivity.
- Trigger and Cycle works in parallel with ResMed’s Vsync automatic leak management technology to help improve breath detection and patient-device synchronisation.
ResMed Academy Online
ResMed Academy Online is designed to provide healthcare professionals with easy access to a variety of learning resources.
Whether your patient needs mechanical ventilation at home, in hospital or on the move, our versatile ventilation devices provide effective therapy for a wide range of respiratory conditions.
Our team of experts work to answer your technical questions relating to ResMed sleep and respiratory devices and software.
*Lumis devices are indicated to provide non-invasive ventilation for patients with respiratory insufficiency or OSA, weighing more than 13kg or more than 30kg in iVAPS mode.
This content is intended for health professionals only. Please refer to the user and clinical guides for relevant information related to any warnings and precautions to be considered before and during use of the products.